Before You Buy
Installing new windows is definitely one of the best home improvements you can make for enjoying your home. The right decision will most assuredly save you money on energy costs, and other benefits for many years to come.
Some of the benefits are:
- Make your home look new again
- Easy tilt-in windows makes cleaning easy
- Better security and energy efficiency
- Adding more value to your home
- No more rotting of old windows
- No more painting windows
- Blocks out damaging UV light
Best Windows,™ has been installing windows for almost 30 years. Owner Doug Manning often recommend the “EARTHWISE® GOLD” product line and calls them “by far the best of the best.”
His views are based on experience: “Since I began Best Windows™ Inc., I have received hundreds of calls from homeowners right here in the Richmond area that purchased other window products asking me ‘if I can fix windows they are broken. The factory that made them has gone out of business or the warranty has expired.’ Unfortunately, my answer is: ‘I’m sorry my factory parts will not fit those windows.’ Many times I have had to replace other factories windows.”
This is why owning Earthwise® windows stands out from the others. They have twenty four window factories in the group all with the same vinyl construction. The parts are interchangeable if any of the parts need to be replaced.
The Earthwise® group uses only the best building material. In most factory warranties, they will explain how the longer you have owned the windows the more the cost will be to you for a repair. It can run into hundreds of dollars for an in-home repair. Always ask for the factory warranty, some salesmen are reluctant to offer it to you up front.
Examples of problems with old windows:
1. Open windows and they won’t stay up.
2. Broken balance springs will need to be replaced. (Some warranties only offer a few years on parts).
3. Film between the glass.
4. Seal failure and custom made glass will need to be replaced. (Some warranties have pro-rated time limitations on glass coverage).
5. Tilt in your windows do not work properly.
6. Pivot bars and/or balance shoe cam has broken. (Some factories use plastic parts.)
Any one of the above problems will require in-home service.
NOTE: A lot of factories use sub-standard materials building their products. They do not cover a service call for as long as you own your home. Some things may be covered for two years, some others for five years. Read the Warranty for information on what is covered when you have to make the “my window is broken ” phone call.
Telling the factory: “The salesman told me …” is not your Warranty. RJT Industries/Earthwise® windows Warranty states: “Replacement or repair materials will be supplied free of charge and will not incur any additional charges” without any time constraints added in.
A great window deserves a great installer.
Best Windows® Inc. installation Process includes:
- First, your window openings need to be accurately measured. (This step could go horribly wrong without an experienced professional.)
- The factory needs to build your custom windows correctly, then deliver them to a local warehouse for delivery.
- Your installer needs to pick up the windows and deliver them to your home carefully.
- Our Installer will cut out and remove your old windows as to not damage your house or your property while using his ladders.
- Replace rotten wood as needed to properly support the weight of the new window. Some second-rate installers cover up rotten wood because they didn’t take the time to do it right. Problems will show up later.
- Install the new windows into your existing opening.
- Our installer will make sure they are leveled and properly shimmed, which is needed for years of easy opening and trouble-free service.
- Aline the jamb adjusters of the master frame before screwing the window to your opening. This will keep your new windows correctly aligned for easy opening and closing forever. (Most windows do not have this feature.)
- Insert “made for window installation” foam sealant outside around the perimeter of the master frame and your existing window opening to ensure an air tight seal of your new windows to your house.
- Seal around all 4 sides “inside” using the absolute best sealant.
- My installer will custom fabricate your new aluminum trim with attention to detail and correctly install it over your old exterior exposed wood trim, and “touch up paint ” the nail heads.
- We use the absolute best (NOVA FLEX) sealant money can buy. This is where other installers will use cheap cauking, which can crack. This will insure your new windows will be completely sealed to keep out the rain.
- Be careful of your property not to damage exterior and interior walls, plants, and bushes. Scrape off those factory stickers and clean your glass.
- Reinstall your existing curtains and/or blinds that needed to be removed for proper installation. Clean up and haul away construction materials and the old windows.
Other installers do not give this much attention to detail.
Our installers work very hard to insure you get a first-class job. The Best Windows™ family team of installers have been giving the same attention to detail that owner Doug Manning built his reputation on since 1993.
Over the past almost 30 years, we have received numerous thank you letters from our customers, many mentioning the quality of workmanship of the installers.
Now on a personal note…from the owner:
Best Windows™ has had a perfect service record with the Better Business Bureau continuously since 1993. We have (on record) thank you letters from the Better Business Bureau for our service in the Richmond, Virginia area. To quote a letter from the BBB:
“Your company Best Windows™ Inc. deserves the right to be known to the community as one who serves as a beacon of trust, service, and good will…” (signed by a board member of the Better Business Bureau on record)
I am very proud as the owner of Best Windows™ Inc. of our many years of installing new windows in thousands of homes in the local area. I was born and raised right here in Richmond, Virginia. ( I graduated from Hermitage High School as many of my customers have asked me this question).
This is my promise to you:
“I Douglas Manning, President of Best Windows™ Inc., will see to it that you will receive the service and craftsmanship that you have every right to expect.” Any questions or concerns you may have please call me, I will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for your time.
I sign this letter and give out to you as a customer, to show my commitment to you as the owner of Best Windows Inc.
We are dedicated to your satisfaction